Monday, January 5, 2009

The Creeping Crud and Other News

Well, another rip-roaring New Year’s Eve celebration has come and gone and 2009 is here. The aforementioned celebration involved flannel pajamas, chocolate chip cookies and my mother so that’s probably enough said. I wouldn’t want to make you jealous by describing the big time that we had. Should I tell you that I fell asleep waiting for the ball to drop? Naw, probably not. You’ll think I’m an old fart.

If you don’t see the New Year arrive, did it actually get here?

I have the creeping crud, aka, the flu, the bug or a bad cold. Here I am on vacation with this lovely runny nose and a horrible cough. Not to mention the ache all over stuff. I’m also very generous. I shared. Now my mother is sick. I’m on the backside of this mess now and am actually starting to feel a bit better. By the time I’m ready to go home, I should be back in perfect health. The Kentucky folks will be glad to get rid of me.

I hate flying. All that damn re-cycled, shared, germy air that is floating around in a plane cabin at 35,000 feet is exactly why I’m sick. I have no doubt that someone on that plane shared. And the sharing just keeps going on. Airborne viruses are a bitch.

My Mother’s little dog has decided she loves me. She’s been in my lap, at my side and all over me for days. She sure is different than my cho-co-lata girls. Check her out: Another week in the blue grass then back to CA. I talked to the folks at home in SoCal. It’s colder in CA than it is here. Now how does that make any sense??

2 comments:

Boo said...

Nana's little dog is she? :)

sarah said...

LOL. I was about to say the same thing!

Glad you are feeling better. I hate the Crud!